Perry Barr today
Perry Barr in the past
Tour Index | Previous |Next
Hamstead Railway Station was opened in 1862. It was renamed in 1875 as Great Barr. Both platforms were on the same side, one on the Perry Barr side of the road bridge, where today's platform is, and the other on the Hamstead side of the road bridge, opposite the signal box and the colliery siding. The stations name has fluctuated between Great Barr and Hamstead over the years
Hamstead Railway Station
We now find our selves in Hamstead Village and the junctions of Rocky Lane, Old Walsall Road and Hamstead Road
Hamstead Railway Station